Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend Recap!!

Just this is going to a little short and sweet as I have to be up at 5:30am to get ready to head to Norman to move my awesome brother in law into his first apartment.  Zach will be so missed in Tulsa, but he will have a blast doing the actual "college" thing!!  I am so very excited for him, as I never left my hometown, I mean why would I live Stillwater...there's no better place!!  Anyways, on to the recap....Friday night, we had our friends over for a quick dinner (pinterest Taco Bake....amazing) and then headed out to Dust Bowl downtown.  It's a cute little 8 lane bowling alley set in the 70's decor.  You even have to keep your own score by hand.  I enjoyed a champagne in a can....MUST FIND!! After a few horrible fun games of bowling, we headed to The Max.  It's a 80s style bar full of arcade games.  It was so funny to see people walking around for 40s in brown paper bags...apparently it was the special!  I haven't had a 40 since I was a sophomore in high school.  By this time it was 10:30 and I was worn out from the stressful week and was move than ready for bed. 
Saturday I got to sleep in until 9:30, then did a little house cleaning and relaxed.  We had a wedding to attend in the evening, so I got to get pretty and dress up!!  Love that!  The wedding was pretty and we had a great time for our awesome friends!! 
Today, we got up early and headed to church, as we have missed a couple weeks due to sickness, out of town and such.  It was such a treat to see my sweetest cousin in law, Makenzie.  She holds a special place in my heart because she is a Cowboy!!!  We are so close.  I can't wait to see her every weekend for football this fall.  As we were leaving church to go have brunch, we hit something in the road and Nathan looks at me and says do you have a flat tire?  Uh, I don't know I am not driving, you are!!  Well wouldn't you know, we pull over and the tire is flat as a pancake, not even a fluffy pancake from IHOP.  UGH  So we call his parents and then turn around to come change it.  Here my poor little Honda has a donut on it....not pretty site!  So we drive all over hell Tulsa and back to find an open tire shop on Sunday....uh do places not think that people get flats on Sunday?  We finally go to Sears at the mall and wait for an hour and a half to come back to, Mrs. Roberts I am sorry but we can't repair this, you need a new tire.  Oh thank you for wasting the last hour and a half of my life.  Since my husband is a little anal about things, we are waiting to get a matching tire from the tire shop that I use regularly.  Well now that has to wait until Tuesday, since I took tomorrow off at the last minute to help out with the move. 
Did I say it was going to be short, my bad!  Welp, I do have some good news, if you are still here reading this....I WILL BE POSTING WEDDING PICTURES THIS WEEK!!!  We got our cds in and we will be loading them onto mpix to order and here for all 8 of you to see!!

Toodles!

No comments: